App Camp is hiring!
App Camp for Girls seeks a Program Manager who will work to ensure that the programs are meeting the mission and exceeding the goals of the organization. This position will be located at our headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
The Program Manager will be doubling the size of our staff of one. We have exuberant and committed volunteers around the country that you will have the pleasure of working with on a regular basis.
When you purchase furniture from IKEA, do you read all of the directions and follow them? Are you that person who always catches the typo in the article you are reading (bonus if you find one in this posting)? Do you enjoy working with people and helping to solve problems? If you answered yes to these questions please continue reading.
Founded in 2013, App Camp for Girls has sought to address the gender imbalance in the technology industry by working with middle school-aged girls, transgender and gender non-conforming youth. During weeklong camps in five states, youth use tools used by developers to design iPhone apps that are for sale on the App Store.
We are currently in the first year of a three-year strategic plan. During this time, we will be optimizing our programing and the supports around it. Each of these three years we will opening in a new city – this year Minneapolis. We are also in Portland, Seattle and Chicago.
How will our new program manager fit into all of this? Our ideal candidate will:
• Provide prompt customer support to camp attendees, their adults, volunteers and financial supporters.
• Design and maintain the online camp registration system. Provide reports to volunteer coordinators in each city as needed. Communicate with the registrants before and after camp.
• Coordinate equipment and supply needs for the camps in each city. This will include preparing some materials to be shipped from Portland, ordering and having others delivered and sending documents electronically.
• Order and distribute App Camp “swag” such as shirts, buttons, etc. for both camps and events.
• Assist the camp organizers in maintaining camp schedules, workshop leads, photographer and volunteer needs.
• Manage creation of camp evaluation and tools, analyze results, and distribute to organizers.
• Process donations, create thank you letters and make deposits.
• Ensure that reimbursements are properly documented and promptly processed.
• Maintain paper and electronic filing systems and databases.
• Coordinate Meet Up type events in each of our five cities for volunteers and graduates.
• Write and schedule social media posts, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Assist with the creation of monthly email blasts.
What we are looking for you to bring to the table:
• 1-2 years of work experience and/or committed volunteer leadership role
• Excellent written and phone communication skills
• Ridiculous attention to detail
• Superb time management and organizational
• Ability to work with a wide range of constituents in a friendly, helpful, and welcoming manner
• Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively problem solve and troubleshoot independently
• Willingness to work independently, at the direction of others, and in a team-focused environment
• Experience in the non-profit or tech industries would be a bonus
You will report directly to the executive director. You will interact and cooperate directly with active volunteers, camp attendees and graduates, the Board of Directors, donors, and the general public.
This position will start at 32 hours a week at $18-20 an hour. As we better determine the scope of work and the needs of the organization, these hours may increase. There will be occasional long or non-routine hours.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be interviewing in early to mid-April with the goal of onboarding an awesome new team member by the beginning of May.
A pdf version of this announcement can be found here.